Patio Construction Process
At Chase Remodeling, a division of Insulators Home Exteriors, we realize that the patio building process can be confusing, overwhelming and time consuming. We’ve been doing this for over 35 years with over 35,000 satisfied customers and wanted to share with you some things that should be considered in your buying process. As you go through your process we would like the opportunity to answer questions you have about your project. Unlike many of our competitors we won’t high pressure you into making a decision. If you would like us to come out and give you a free no obligation consultation call us Toll Free at (855)-210-4500 or fill out our contact us form.
HOW IT WORKS
Hiring the Contractor
Take your time when selecting the right concrete contractor to build your stone patio. It’s important to make sure you have a trusted company who provides quality work at a reasonable price. Here’s how to find the right contractor:
- Start your search locally and ask around to friends or neighbors for recommended concrete contractors they have worked with before.
- Ask the company for referrals.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licensing.
- Look at pictures of similar past projects the concrete contractor has completed to see if it suits your tastes.
- Compare estimates between different companies, realizing that a slightly pricier bid could indicate higher quality work.
- Find out how much experience the contractor has.
Professional stone patio and concrete contractors have the proper education and experience regarding everything required to complete the job, whether large or small. Look for the following indications that the contractor you have chosen has the proper experience:
- The contractor has several decades of experience in the business.
- The contractor knows which materials to use in which set of circumstances.
- The contractor can explain the necessity of backfilling and seeding if grass must be dug up around the perimeter of the new stone patio during the construction process.
- The contractor has experience dealing with environmental factors that impact the job.
- The contractor has many satisfied customers who are eager to give the contractor a good review.
- The contractor is good at staying on budget.
- The contractor offers a written bid and signs a formal contract before beginning work.
The Decision Making Process
Once you decide exactly what you are going to build you then should compare bids and make a decision based on referrals, experience, price, scheduling, and the overall curb appeal of the home improvement contractor. The contract should clearly state the work to be completed, finish, texture, price, and warranty information.
Get Everything in Writing
Once you decide on the right concrete contractor to work with, make sure you thoroughly read the contract before you sign on the dotted line. The contract should clearly state the following:
- The work to be completed
- The materials used in the project
- The timeframe for completion
- Individual material and labor prices and the overall project cost
- Warranty information
Visit the Concrete Contractor Showroom
As you prepare to start your project, we’re here to answer any questions that come up along the way. One great option for receiving answers is to visit the Chase Remodeling home improvement showroom. Many people prefer to visit our showroom to explore available options and designs for stone patio projects.
If you’re interested in visiting us or want us to come see you, call our toll-free number at (855)-210-4500 to schedule an appointment with one of our design consultants. You can also fill out the form to the right.
Unlike many of our competitors, we won’t pressure you into making a decision.